C was home from work yesterday so you have him to thank for cookies appearing on the blog today. Poor kid destroyed his legs jet skiing and playing volleyball over the weekend to a point where he could barely walk to the kitchen, let alone make it to work. So when I asked him if there was anything I could do, his only response was “cookies”. Actually his only response was “Louman has been pretty empty…” but unless you’re a longtime THM reader you probably wouldn’t get this reference.
There are pros and cons to having him home. Pro: when at a loss for recipe inspiration, he is sure to encourage me to get my bake on. Con: He takes over my office aka the bed. Pro: I get to listen to the Game of Thrones audiobooks over the speakers with him. Con: He defaces my to-do list by adding “have a ridiculously good-looking boyfriend” to it then checks it off…okay that one made me laugh a little 😉
The best part about having him home is getting immediate feedback from the ultimate test-taster. He declared these Peach and Coconut Oatmeal Cookies to be “seriously awesome”! I’ll take it!
Ingredients in Peach and Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
- rolled oats
- oat flour
- baking soda
- coconut oil
- coconut palm sugar
- coconut flakes
How to Make Peach Oatmeal Cookies
Using a stand mixer or electric handheld mixer, start by mixing the coconut oil, applesauce and coconut palm sugar. Mix in the eggs and vanilla extract until well combined. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients – the oats, oat flour, baking soda and salt. Slowly add the dry mixture to the wet mixture. Lastly, add in the coconut flakes and chopped peaches until mixed in. Scoop out tablespoon sized balls and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 350º, let stand for 5 minutes and then enjoy!Print
Peach and Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
Delicious and healthy oatmeal cookies packed full of flavour with fresh peaches and unsweetened coconut. Perfect for peach season!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 2 dozen cookies 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Bake
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats (GF if necessary)
- 1 cup ground oat flour*
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar**
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 large, ripe peaches (chopped into small pieces)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a stand-mixer or electric mixer on medium speed, cream together coconut oil, applesauce and coconut palm sugar until smooth.
- Add in eggs and vanilla extract until well combined.
- In a separate bowl combine rolled oats, oat flour, baking soda and salt.
- Turn mixer down to low-speed and slowly add rolled oat mixture to wet batter until completely combined.
- Add in coconut and chopped peaches until just mixed in.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicone mat.
- Scoop out tablespoon sized balls and place 12 on sheet. Flatter each ball with palm.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until level of crispiness reached.
- Remove from oven and let stand on sheet for 5 mins before removing and allowing to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Repeat until all dough has been used.
- Keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
*To make oat flour, add rolled oats to a blender or food processor and blend until flour consistency reached. OR use regular all purpose flour.
**OR use brown sugar.
Keywords: Peach Oatmeal Cookies
Like this recipe? Try these cookie recipes!
- High Fiber Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Cookies for Two
- Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Cherry Cookies
- Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
- Peppermint Chocolate Cookies
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 20,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!