breakfast Featured gluten-free oatmeal/granola vegan

Peaches and Cream Overnight Oats

August 16, 2020

Delicious peaches and cream overnight oats made with fresh peaches and dairy-free with coconut cream. Just mix all together the night before and it’s ready in the morning.

Fun fact about me, growing up we always had “porridge” for breakfast. Ever since I can remember oatmeal was referred to as porridge in my house and I honestly have no clue why. I was raised on steel cut oats with brown sugar which might have something to do with my love of oatmeal today…

If you’re used to hot oatmeal, I completely understand that cold oats sound weird but I promise they’re delicious! I love that they can be prepped in advance (in no time at all) and there are countless flavor combinations! Since I’m obsessed with all things peach flavored, I decided to make a peaches and cream overnight oats and I’m so glad I did.

Here’s What You Need:

• Rolled oats – make sure you grab gluten-free if necessary.
  • Non-dairy milk – I like almond or coconut milk but any milk works!
  • Peach – use a fresh, juicy peach!
  • Chia seeds – to help thicken the oats while they set.
  • Natural sweetener – either maple syrup, honey or agave works.
  • Coconut cream – made from a can of full-fat coconut milk.

What is coconut cream?

Coconut cream is the best part of canned coconut milk in my opinion. Place a can of full-fat coconut milk in the fridge overnight. The cream will harden at the top of the can and the bottom will be more of a coconut water consistency. For this recipe, you’ll need to scoop out the cream from the top and save the water for a different recipe (it’s great in smoothies!).

If in a pinch, you can also just open your can of coconut milk and skim off the top without refrigerating, but in certain climates and certain varieties the coconut cream will get mixed in with the coconut water. Alternatively you can buy pure canned coconut cream.

Making and Storing Overnight Oats

It doesn’t get much simpler than an overnight oats recipe. Simply mix all of the ingredients together (except the coconut cream) in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator overnight. When you’re ready to enjoy, remove from the fridge, add some more milk and mix in the coconut cream. Voila! Easy snack, breakfast or dessert is served.

Peaches and Cream Overnight Oats

Delicious overnight oatmeal made with fresh peaches and dairy-free with coconut cream. Just mix all together the night before and it’s ready in the morning.

• Author: Davida Lederle
  • Prep Time: 8 hours
  • Cook Time: 0 minutes
  • Total Time: 8 hours
  • Yield: 1 serving 1x
  • Category: Breakfast
  • Method: Raw
  • Diet: Gluten Free

Scale
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if necessary)
  • 1 cup non-dairy milk (any variety) + more for morning
  • 1 fresh peach, chopped
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
  • 2 tbsp coconut cream*

1. Combine all ingredients (except coconut cream) in an airtight container or mason jar.
  2. Place in refrigerator for at least 8 hours or overnight.
  3. In the morning add a few more splashes of non-dairy milk and stir in coconut cream.
  4. Eat cold or warm in microwave.

*You can buy straight coconut cream or open a can of full-fat coconut milk and skim off the cream from the top.

Like this recipe? Here are others you might enjoy:

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves
    July 11, 2014 at 11:14 am

YAY to overnight oats. Yay x100000. My family has yet to try them yet, but my grandma and grandpa like them!
    My family also always stays at Marriott. Partially because we have a family friend that works there (hello, discounts), but also because Marriott rocks and they have kitchens as you said. I need a fridge for my natural peanut butter and overnight oats. And dinner leftovers.

Heather @ Run Like a G!
    July 11, 2014 at 10:43 am

I have never tried overnight oats. I am also not a big oatmeal person….I know, please don’t hate me, lol!!!
    Loving the IG photos that you keep posting! I hope you are having an awesome trip!

July 11, 2014 at 10:17 am

SKINNY POP IS LIFE. I have a bad addiction to popcorn. I seriously don’t know when to stop. Worse than my granola addiction, really.

Joe will eat overnight oats, actually. He’s starting to get serious about losing weight so he’s been eating more and more things I make!

Megan @ The Skinny-Life
    July 11, 2014 at 9:16 am

Earlier this week I made peanut butter overnight oats. How could I never have made overnight oats before? They are so good. Your peach recipe sounds really good. I honestly don’t each peaches often. I have no idea why. They are so good!

Brittany
    July 11, 2014 at 9:13 am

While I love to grind my own natural PB, and my almond butter has one ingredient in it (almonds..go figure) I’m with your family on the overnight oats. I tried it once, and it was so horrific (I went too big and added too many clashing components) I never had a desire to try again. I would still eat yours though, but only if you made it for me right before an epic mountain quest.

July 11, 2014 at 8:56 am

I always think about making overnight oats…and then I feel too lazy the night before to make anything. One day…

Em @ Love A Latte
    July 11, 2014 at 8:53 am

Hope vacation is a blast! I have to be the mood for overnight oats so I go on kicks with them and then take long breaks. This looks really tasty though. I think my parents would think overnight oats is absolutely disgusting, but I’ll have to run it by them sometime haha!

Erin @ The Almond Eater
    July 11, 2014 at 8:23 am

My mom and step dad are the pickiest eaters I know, so converting them would be hopeless. On another note, I love Skinny Pop. I’m not at addict level quite yet, but all in good time.

Lauren
    July 11, 2014 at 7:02 am

Yay for your Mum calling in Porridge! Peaches and cream – what a combo – I am digging peaches big time at the moment.
    Ha yes! I try to get my Dad to eat porridge but he can’t stand the texture – so muesli will suffice!
    I also got him to drink spirulina once – he was not impressed!

meredith @ The Cookie ChRUNicles
    July 11, 2014 at 6:28 am

My father is the pickiest eater so the only way I can convince him to eat something I like is to puree vegetables and hide foods in his meals when I have the fam over for dinner….I like overnight oats but prefer cooked, cold oatmeal mixed with all of the toppings and greek yogurt. My favorite meal actually!

Jen @ Chase the Red Grape
    July 11, 2014 at 5:56 am

As you can imagine, it’s called porridge everywhere in Scotland!!! In fact, I don’t think you will find many people calling it oatmeal! Oatmeal is something we would use in savoury dishes!

July 11, 2014 at 5:21 am

Omg look at you copycatting recipes left right and centre. Who are you?

And Porridge. Lol. That’s what we call it here. Margie is Australian at heart.

Oatmeal pudding overnight styleZ. Peanut m and m’s > Peanut butter m and m’s. You do warrant some merits…

1 2 3