breakfast Featured gluten-free oatmeal/granola vegan

Peaches and Cream Overnight Oats

August 16, 2020

Delicious peaches and cream overnight oats made with fresh peaches and dairy-free with coconut cream. Just mix all together the night before and it’s ready in the morning.

Fun fact about me, growing up we always had “porridge” for breakfast. Ever since I can remember oatmeal was referred to as porridge in my house and I honestly have no clue why. I was raised on steel cut oats with brown sugar which might have something to do with my love of oatmeal today…

If you’re used to hot oatmeal, I completely understand that cold oats sound weird but I promise they’re delicious! I love that they can be prepped in advance (in no time at all) and there are countless flavor combinations! Since I’m obsessed with all things peach flavored, I decided to make a peaches and cream overnight oats and I’m so glad I did.

Here’s What You Need:

• Rolled oats – make sure you grab gluten-free if necessary.
  • Non-dairy milk – I like almond or coconut milk but any milk works!
  • Peach – use a fresh, juicy peach!
  • Chia seeds – to help thicken the oats while they set.
  • Natural sweetener – either maple syrup, honey or agave works.
  • Coconut cream – made from a can of full-fat coconut milk.

What is coconut cream?

Coconut cream is the best part of canned coconut milk in my opinion. Place a can of full-fat coconut milk in the fridge overnight. The cream will harden at the top of the can and the bottom will be more of a coconut water consistency. For this recipe, you’ll need to scoop out the cream from the top and save the water for a different recipe (it’s great in smoothies!).

If in a pinch, you can also just open your can of coconut milk and skim off the top without refrigerating, but in certain climates and certain varieties the coconut cream will get mixed in with the coconut water. Alternatively you can buy pure canned coconut cream.

Making and Storing Overnight Oats

It doesn’t get much simpler than an overnight oats recipe. Simply mix all of the ingredients together (except the coconut cream) in an airtight container and store in the refrigerator overnight. When you’re ready to enjoy, remove from the fridge, add some more milk and mix in the coconut cream. Voila! Easy snack, breakfast or dessert is served.

Peaches and Cream Overnight Oats

Delicious overnight oatmeal made with fresh peaches and dairy-free with coconut cream. Just mix all together the night before and it’s ready in the morning.

• Author: Davida Lederle
  • Prep Time: 8 hours
  • Cook Time: 0 minutes
  • Total Time: 8 hours
  • Yield: 1 serving 1x
  • Category: Breakfast
  • Method: Raw
  • Diet: Gluten Free

Scale
  • 1/2 cup rolled oats (gluten-free if necessary)
  • 1 cup non-dairy milk (any variety) + more for morning
  • 1 fresh peach, chopped
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
  • 2 tbsp coconut cream*

1. Combine all ingredients (except coconut cream) in an airtight container or mason jar.
  2. Place in refrigerator for at least 8 hours or overnight.
  3. In the morning add a few more splashes of non-dairy milk and stir in coconut cream.
  4. Eat cold or warm in microwave.

*You can buy straight coconut cream or open a can of full-fat coconut milk and skim off the cream from the top.

Like this recipe? Here are others you might enjoy:

[email protected]
    July 15, 2014 at 4:02 pm

One time I made an entire week’s worth of meals for my parents and my father ate only one of the meals claiming he didn’t like the rest. What is not to like about kale chips!?!

Kat
    July 14, 2014 at 6:16 pm

I didn’t use to like overnight oats, but now I’m totally in love with them. How on earth does that even happen? lol I’m a huge texture person, so my oats need to have something other than the “mush” of the oats, which is why I love layering mine with fruit and something crunchy like nuts!

Jamie
    July 14, 2014 at 1:20 pm

Never had overnight oats before, so I’d be interested to try this soon. I don’t like regular oatmeal, but we will see!

July 13, 2014 at 5:01 pm

Awww so cute that you’re on vacay with your family! I’d love to do a big vacation with my family as adults. Our family has expanded with significant others and kiddos, and I’m sure it’d be a crazy awesome zoo of a vacation.

To answer your question, yes, I totally try to convert my fam to foods I like and meals I make. Every time I stay at my parents’ house everyone expects for me to cook for them, and I love it! I just have to make sure to carefully tread the line of yummy while also being healthy, but not too hippy healthy for everyone ya know?

Kelly @ Kelly Runs for Food
    July 13, 2014 at 11:00 am

I just bought a whole bunch of peaches yesterday so I’m totally making this for breakfast tomorrow!

Consuelo - Honey & Figs
    July 13, 2014 at 10:27 am

My family are sooooo picky with oatmeal too ahhh I don’t think they’re right in their minds, yo. OATMEAL IS LYF.
    But I guess that’s a cool thing because more oatmeal for me that way, win win! I’d love to devour a huge jar of this heavenly concoction anytime soon. It looks brillante, my friend.
    Enjoy your vacation <3

[email protected]
    July 12, 2014 at 5:35 pm

Most of my family is willing to try my cooking, and they usually really end up liking it. My brothers on the other hand…not so much. I made a raw pasta sauce with tomatoes, onions, basil, garlic and everything that is right with this world and my brothers opted to have jarred sauce. They wouldn’t even try my “healthy” versions. Oh well; their loss. The rest of the family moaned with delight…or something like that. 🙂

Mary Frances
    July 12, 2014 at 5:32 pm

Haha, nope, I’m not sick of it at all! Mainly cuz I reminded everyone every 3.41 minutes that I was on vacation and that was why I wasn’t on the Internet NOT because I suddenly became allergic to blogging.
    Anyways.
    You make the best breakfast recipes! Peaches and cream makes me think of the fair and how wonderful that combo tastes when you are hot. What a wonderful way to wake up!

July 12, 2014 at 3:09 pm

I’ve never tried overnight oats – not sure I would like them since oatmeal in general isn’t my favorite.
    How’s this – if we ever meet and you make them, I will try them!!!

July 12, 2014 at 12:50 pm

I’m always trying to get my family to like foods I like, but I’m not always successful. I did get my mom to start eating oatmeal with chia seeds for breakfast, but she eats it plain – she won’t listen to me when I tell her that the addition of cinnamon and almond butter would be life changing!

I love overnight oats! Definitely going to make this recipe when peaches are in season (which I hope is soon!).

Kelly Stilwell
    July 11, 2014 at 2:41 pm

I am becoming addicted to chia seeds! Thanks! Sharing!

GiGi Eats
    July 11, 2014 at 1:03 pm

I remember when I could eat oatmeal, I never liked the fruity chunky stuff… That being said, my taste buds have changed a lot so I feel like I totally would now, except, now I cannot eat it – DAMN picky baby GiGi ruined everything!

1 2 3