Looking for a super simple breakfast to feed a crowd? This Easy Veggie Egg Bake is perfect for your next breakfast potluck or brunch date. Customize the recipe with your favorite veggies, and bake for a delicious breakfast meal.
I genuinely believe that behind every blogger, there is a carton of eggs waiting to be demolished. And not for recipe development or cake baking or whatever the recipe du jour, but for every other meal where the last thing you want to do is be innovative in the kitchen.
I’ve yet to meet a blogger (unless they’re vegan or egg-free) who doesn’t admit to eating a crap ton of eggs on a daily basis. Today alone we went through 9…NINE…eggs in my house. With two people. How is that even possible?
Eggs are the base of our food pyramid. Without them, we have nothing except kale, popcorn and whatever other food that only takes 2 mins to cook. Because, while the chocolatey desserts and fancy Italian dinners are fun and all, those sure as hell are not happening daily around here.
So I eat a lot of eggs. And until my landlord lets me build that chicken coup I’ve always dreamed out, I will continue to clear out the Trader Joe’s organic egg section on a far too often basis.
Anytime I’m called into action for a breakfast potluck, this recipe is my go-to. It looks all fancy but it actually takes 10 mins to make (with an additional 30 mins of baking time that are perfect to make yourself look like a functioning human since breakfast potlucks mean I have to wake up before noon).
Because eggs are like that. They are so freaking simple but can morph and change themselves into so many different things that even when you throw them in a dish to bake, they still have the capacity to impress.
As always, if you make the recipe be sure to tag me (@thehealthymaven) or use the hashtag #thehealthymaven so I can see your creations! I love sharing them and seeing which ones you make. Happy egg day! It’s not egg day…I totally made that up.
- 12 large eggs
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (or two large tomatoes, chopped)
- 2 cups roughly chopped kale
- 1/2 cup crumbled cheese (I use feta)
- 1 cup milk*
- salt + pepper, to taste
- olive oil or butter
- Grease a large casserole pan with oil or butter.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Add oil to a pan and stir in onion. Cook until translucent (about 3 mins)
- Add in bell pepper and cook for one more minute.
- Crack eggs into a large mixing bowl. Whisk well.
- Add in milk and stir.
- Add in cooked onion and bell peppers, tomatoes, kale, cheese and salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Add mixture to casserole pan and bake for 30 mins or until cooked all the way through.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting in.
What kitchen staple do you eat daily? Mine are eggs, avocados and hummus!
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 5000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!