dessert Fall gluten-free paleo snacks vegan

Pumpkin Spice Freezer Fudge + 5 Healthy Pumpkin Recipes

October 14, 2015

Healthy Pumpkin Spice Freezer Fudge made with just 5-Ingredients! Free of refined sugar, dairy and gluten, this healthy dessert recipe will make you fall in love with fall.Did someone say pumpkin? That’s weird because not a single person has mentioned pumpkin in the last few weeks. I was starting to think it had become obscure. My Pinterest feed was void of it. Not a starbucks in sight had a sign for a pumpkin spice latte. Pumpkin, what’s that?

I’m obviously kidding.

If your entire life hasn’t been taken up by at least 50% pumpkin/pumpkin spice chatter than you’re either a) living under a rock or b) living in a different hemisphere where you’re just prepared for summer.

For the rest of us though, pumpkin is old news. But it’s old news in an endearing way. Kind of like the latest Bieber songs. We’ve all heard them at least 1000 times in the last month but when it comes on you can’t help but belt out “WHERE ARE YOU NOW THAT I NEED YA?” do do doooo….

That’s the thing about pumpkin, it’s overplayed but it’s good. So in true Bieber redemeption style, we’re overplaying the pumpkin madness, but it’s fine because you know you can’t help but sing along. Let’s do this…

A round-up of 6 healthy ways to use pumpkin in your fall recipes!Gina from Running to the Kitchen whipped up Paleo Toasted Pine Nut Herb Pumpkin Muffins! They’re a savory side perfect for serving with your fall soup, stew or chili. Maybe even replace the Thanksgiving biscuits this year with a basket of these!

Get the recipe –> HERE

Toasted pine nut herb pumpkin muffins-4Lee from Fit Foodie Finds is getting in the pumpkin spirit with these Grain-Free Pumpkin Pancakes. Now you can get your pumpkin fix for breakfast with these grain-free, pumpkin-packed, and paleo-friendly pancakes!

Get the recipe –> HERE

paleo-pumpkin-pancakes5Brittany from Eating Bird Food made a delicious chia pudding! Pumpkin, coconut milk and chia seeds are combined and topped with toasted coconut flakes and an almond butter drizzle to make a thick and creamy chia pudding.

Get the recipe –> HERE

Taylor from Food Faith Fitness has another delicious pumpkin dessert recipe!These pumpkin blondies are so dense, and sweet that you’d never know they’re a healthier treat, with no butter or oil, for only 105 calories! They’re paleo and vegan friendly too!

Get the recipe –> HERE

GROUP-5Lexi from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen whipped up a savory pumpkin recipe! Delicious, flavorful, and packed with nutrients, this Creamy Pumpkin Soup topped with a drizzle of chili garlic oil and roasted pumpkin seeds. You’ll enjoy this soup all season long!

Get the recipe –> HERE

pumpkinsoup3One of my favorite super simple dessert or snack recipes is freezer fudge. It’s literally the easiest thing to make and lasts forever in the freezer! And with a can of pumpkin already open in my fridge, it was due time I whip up a pumpkin spice version.

Healthy Pumpkin Spice Freezer Fudge made with just 5-Ingredients! Free of refined sugar, dairy and gluten, this healthy dessert recipe will make you fall in love with fall.Jess and I wanted to appeal to the chocolate crowd too so we drizzled a lil (or a lot of) chocolate onto these babies and the combo was pretty epic. It’s like getting a bit of “where are u now?” and “what do you mean?” all in one.

But even if you’re not a Bieber fan and are completely judging me for the fact that I am, you will immediately forgive me once you try a bite of one of these babies. I also love that I can eat just one and be satisfied. To me, that’s the definition of a good, healthy dessert.

Pumpkin Spice Freezer Fudge

PREP TIME 5 mins
Yields 16 pieces     adjust servings

1. In a large bowl mix together coconut oil and maple syrup until coconut oil blends into maple syrup.
  2. Add in pumpkin puree, spice and almond butter
  3. Lay parchment in a 9 x 9 pan and pour mixture into pan. Spread evenly.
  4. Freeze for at least one hour and then cut into 16 squares.
  5. Drizzle with chocolate if desired.
  6. Store in freezer.*

Notes

*note: these must be eaten straight from the freezer. They will begin to melt if left at room temperature.

Healthy Pumpkin Spice Freezer Fudge made with just 5-Ingredients! Free of refined sugar, dairy and gluten, this healthy dessert recipe will make you fall in love with fall.How badly are you judging me for my Bieber references in this post? Does pumpkin live up to its hype?

Kristina
    October 14, 2015 at 5:39 am

I tried to ignore Bieber-talk, sorry not a fan haha. But I can’t ignore all those delicious recipes and this fudge looks soo good. I was actually introduced to pumpkin madness when I started using Pinterest a couple of years ago, it is not well known in my country. But I do understand the obsession a bit, I fell in love with the orange beauty when I made a batch of pumpkin bars for the first time. And since then, pumpkin is a big part of my autumnal cooking.
    Kristina recently posted…Coffee date at Café Labath

October 14, 2015 at 3:23 pm

hahaha it’s okay, I forgive you! To be honest, I think the deliciousness is in the spice but I’m certainly not gonna complain if a veggie has gotten a great rep!

Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness
    October 14, 2015 at 8:05 am

One, how did I not know you got a new look!? I LOVE IT!
    Almost as much as I love this fudge, looks bomb girl!
    Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness recently posted…Pumpkin Blondies {Vegan + Paleo} + Healthy Pumpkin Recipes

Bharat Sharma
    October 14, 2015 at 8:06 am

Hi,

Basically speaking, pumpkin always come to my mind during the Halloween time and not because I love pumpkin or celebrate Halloween ( It is yet not so popular in India) but because social media sites start getting flooded with pumpkin during the Halloween period. Other than this, I don’t eat pumpkin a lot ( I hate it’s taste) but I still eat it as it is good for health and it is not right to throw the food just because you don’t like it . Now, talking about pumpkin, if there are ways to make some delicious pumpkin fudge then there is no harm in giving it a try as long as you don’t over eat it.
    Bharat Sharma recently posted…15 Reasons To Eat Almonds Regularly ( In Moderation)

October 14, 2015 at 3:22 pm

haha I know, we totally perpetuate the trend! It’s funny how a “thing” becomes a “thing” for absolutely no reason!

Shannon
    October 14, 2015 at 2:23 pm

All of these look so good! I haven’t ever made fudge before, but it has been popping up all over the internet lately! Time to make some.
    Shannon recently posted…10 Soups Perfect for Fall

October 14, 2015 at 3:21 pm

Yes! and especially this freezer fudge since it’s basically just one step to make!

Heather McClees @ The Soulful Spoon
    October 14, 2015 at 4:16 pm

Davida!! I almost squealed outloud when I saw the title for this recipe! I love pumpkin and seriously eat it every single day (Libby’s fan here!). Great recipe, adding it to my vegan treats collection!😉

October 14, 2015 at 6:54 pm

Awesome! It’s at the top of my vegan treats list right now. Can’t stop eating it!!

dixya | food, pleasure, and health
    October 14, 2015 at 5:47 pm

i dont mind overdosing on pumpkin a bit. keep them coming.
    dixya | food, pleasure, and health recently posted…Weeknight Chicken Curry

Lexi @ Lexi's Clean Kitchen
    October 14, 2015 at 6:06 pm

OH BABBYYYYY. I’ve been craving a little fudge in my life. Pinning!!
    Lexi @ Lexi’s Clean Kitchen recently posted…Easy Pumpkin Soup

October 14, 2015 at 6:53 pm

In all seriousness though, I’ve been wondering how such a tiny person cuts open a pumpkin. I literally was pondering you hacking open a pumpkin while walking Rhett today. Please film yourself next time. Thank you. 😉

hayley @healthyregards
    October 15, 2015 at 7:29 am

I mean there is only a few months a year we can act all pumpkin crazy publicly, so why not?!
    hayley @healthyregards recently posted…How to Eat Squash… for dinner and dessert

October 15, 2015 at 9:33 am

You mean you don’t go sporting around your PSL in the summer?! LOL never!!!

Brittany
    October 15, 2015 at 5:39 pm

I’ve been eating more healthy fats lately so this freeze fudge is right up my alley.

Also, pumpkin is totally just like Bieber. If loving them both is wrong, I don’t wanna be right. 😉
    Brittany recently posted…Coconut Pumpkin Chia Pudding

October 18, 2015 at 3:52 pm

I feel like that’s gonna be the name of Bieber’s next song lol!

Dani @ Dani California Cooks
    October 15, 2015 at 8:16 pm

I bought a costco sized pack of canned pumpkin…but I’m not even as crazy about pumpkin as other folks out there!
    Dani @ Dani California Cooks recently posted…Curried Chickpea and Cauliflower Salad (vegan, gluten free)

October 18, 2015 at 3:52 pm

Costco does that to people…the things I’ve bought there that I have never touched haha. There’s something in the air there!

Gina @ Running to the Kitchen
    October 16, 2015 at 10:40 am

So I made pumpkin fudge last month but used coconut butter for an almost “white chocolate” kinda vibe. Love how this one is all chocolaty! Can’t wait to try it 🙂
    Gina @ Running to the Kitchen recently posted…Girl and the Goat Grilled Broccoli

October 18, 2015 at 3:46 pm

gotta check it out! I think I’m gonna make the next batch with coconut butter! Thanks for the inspiration 🙂

Judy
    October 16, 2015 at 2:54 pm

Just checking, in the first instruction for the Pumpkin Freezer Fudge, is it supposed to be coconut oil AND Almond Butter?
    Your instructions say coconut oil and maple syrup! and then repeat the maple syrup in the second step.

October 16, 2015 at 4:01 pm

Sorry! I’ll fix that. It should be coconut oil and maple syrup and then you’ll add the almond butter in after 🙂 Thanks for the heads up!

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves
    October 16, 2015 at 7:24 pm

HECK YES. I’m totally okay with pumpkin hype. Pumpkin bread, pumpkin bread pudding, pumpkin pie, pumpkin FUDGE!
    Also, kinda mad at myself for getting Bieber’s song, “Where Are You Now?” stuck in my head and not hating it.
    Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted…Virtual Breakfast Date {A Fruitful Week}

October 18, 2015 at 3:40 pm

hahahahaha sorry about that…I’m about to get “what do you need?” stuck in your head now 😉

Disgusted
    October 22, 2016 at 9:30 pm

You people need to find your own names for things instead of trying to pretend they are something they aren’t. I don’t know what that slop is, but it isn’t fudge, unless you’re using definition #2.

fudge
    fəj/
    noun
    noun: fudge; plural noun: fudges

a soft candy made from sugar, butter, and milk or cream.
    North American
    rich chocolate, used especially as a filling for cakes or a sauce on ice cream.
    modifier noun: fudge
    “chocolate cake filled with whipped cream and topped with hot fudge”
    an instance of faking or ambiguity.

Jodi
    November 7, 2016 at 5:31 pm

Room temp coconut oil doesn’t blend with maple even after sitting at room temp for several hours. Maybe this cool South Dakota fall weather affects things.😊 I’m going to have to try some heat so I can get this in the freezer! So excited to try it! Thank you!