This page contains some affiliate links. Please review my disclosure policy.
Looking for the best brow products to fill in your sparse brows and add a little tint and texture? This list offers various shades, pens, gels and pomades to give your brows definition and precision that even a makeup artist would approve of!
Our poor eyebrows have been through the ringer since the 90s haven’t they? The trend was once over-plucked brows and now it’s big and bushy. Can you keep up?! Thankfully my eyebrows are naturally full so I’m all about the big, defined brow and luckily they recovered from when Drew Barrymoore convinced me to pluck all mine out.
But let’s chat about the best brow products as well as some tips and techniques for applying them.
Best Brow Products | Tips & Techniques
There are a few fool-proof steps I swear by when it comes to filling out your brows:
1. Brush out your brows using a spoolie brush. Start by brushing out your brows and getting them in “place”. This will show you where you might have sparse areas or where you need to define your arch more.
2. Lightly fill in sparse brows. Start light and build! You can always go in and add more pigment but start by making light strokes (whether you’re using a pomade, powder or brow pencil). A good rule of thumb is to leave the area of your brows closest to your nose the lightest and accentuate/build-out the arch and end of your brows using hair-like strokes. Of course, if you prefer a bold, defined brow through and through, you can build-out the entire brow.
3. Brush through your brows again to blend. After adding the formula, brush through your brows again with a spoolie to blend your eyebrow hair and the added color. Continue to alternate brushing and adding color until you have achieved your desired look.
4. Finish with a brow gel to set in place. Sick of your eyebrow hairs not staying put? Use an eyebrow gel to set them in place! It’s kind of like hairspray for your brows.
Let’s chat about the best brow products available in pomade, pencil and gel forms…
Want to see me put these products to the test? I tried five natural eyebrow products out and gave my full review and honest opinion of each.
Like this post? Here are a few others you might enjoy:
- The Best Natural Mascaras
- Clean Beauty Daily Essentials
- The Best Natural Deodorants
- My Thoughts on BeautyCounter
- The Best Foundations for Every Skin Type
- How to Style Curly Hair
- How to Do Soap Brows
The Best Natural Brow Products
01. EcoBrow Defining Wax $26
I’ve used the EcoBrow Defining Wax for years! It gives an effortless yet put together look. You’ll need an angled brush to apply but application is super easy. The end result is a natural, feathered brow that looks polished but not too perfect.
02. EcoBrow Defining Crayon $26
On one end of the pencil is a spoolie and on the other end is an angled pencil/stick. Because of the 2-in-1 tool, application is super simple! The strokes are super defined and the end product is a really defined, filled-in and professional looking. This brow pencil plus the brow gel is a winning combination for full-face makeup days!
03. Mented High Brow Pencil $15
I discovered this brand when I was searching for Black-owned clean beauty! This eyebrow pencil is now my new go-to. I use the shade medium-brown.
04. Ere Perez Brow Gel $24
Do you have unruly brows? Feel like your brow hairs go every which way? Let me introduce you to your new BFF: the Ere Perez Brow Gel. I personally like to fill my eyebrows in with one of the first two products and then finish with a clear brow gel on my full makeup days. When I am going for a super natural look, I’ll just use the clear eye gel to make sure my eyebrow hairs are set in place. You can also use color brow gel to lightly fill in your brows and set them… double whammy.
05. Kosas Air Brow Tinted Volumizing Treatment Gel $24
I love both the tinted and clear brow versions of this gel! This is the only tinted brow gel I actually like. It applies perfectly without becoming a gloopy mess. I rarely have to touch it up and it still offers a nice hold and natural look.
06. TOK Beauty Brow TOK Volumizing Brow Gel $26
I have only tried the clear version of this brow gel but the hold is EXTRA! If you like that super defined, strong hold kind of look, this brow gel is for you. I'll get back to you if I try the tinted version.