lunch

25 Easy and Healthy Lunch Recipes

February 6, 2015

Ohhhhhh lunch. How I have a love-hate relationship with you. To be honest, lunch has kind of become an afterthought for me. I work from home so it’s pretty much whatever I have on hand and admittedly sometimes that results in some less-than-healthy options.

25 Easy and Healthy Lunch Recipes that can easily be packed and taken to work or school! I’ve said it before, but I’m really going to try hard to have some easy and healthy lunch recipes on hand so I don’t deviate to popcorn for lunch. So this post is as much for me as it is for you.

Back in my 9-to-5 days, it sometimes felt like my world revolved around lunch. I packed my lunch every evening, shlepped all 10 tupperwares to the office and lunch was the highlight of my day. And repeat. It was all-consuming and I’m quite certain some of you are facing that today.

Hopefully this post will help you to streamline your lunch routine so you’re not spending 239482304 hours in the kitchen or defaulting to a burrito. On that note, here’s 25 Easy and Healthy Lunch Recipes to keep you full and satisfied all day long!

1. Avocado Tuna Salad from The Healthy Maven

Avocado Tuna Salad 32. Autumn Spiced Vegetarian Chili from The Hummusapien

3. BBQ Salmon BLT Salad from Iowa Girl Eats

4. Black Bean Soup with Tofu Croutons from Pumps and Iron

black-bean-soup-tofu-croutons-55. Broccoli and Butternut Squash Grain Salad with Orange Vinaigrette from Edible Perspective

6.Chickpea Sunflower Sandwich from Minimalist Baker

7. Chipotle Black Bean Burgers from Ari’s Menu

8. Creamy Avocado Sriracha Egg Salad from Running to the Kitchen

Creamy-avocado-sriracha-egg-salad9. Garlicky Spaghetti Squash with Chicken, Mushrooms and Kale from The Roasted Root

10. Guacamole Chicken Salad from The Healthy Maven

11. Hearty Lentil Soup with Swiss Chard from The Healthy Maven

Hearty Lentil and Swiss Chard Soup - a veggie and protein-packed soup that's perfect for Fall! // thehealthymaven.com #healthy #recipe12. Israeli Quinoa Salad from The Healthy Maven

13. Kale Salad with Salmon, Pomegranate and Orange Coconut Vinaigrette from Food Faith Fitness

14. Lentil and Sweet Potato Salad from The Healthy Maven

15. Mason Jar Tex Mex Quinoa Salad from Fit Foodie Finds

tex-mex416. Mason Jar Carrot Noodle Salad from Nosh and Nourish

17. One-Pot Beef and 3-Bean Chili from The Healthy Maven

18. Pesto Egg Salad from The Healthy Maven

pesto-egg-salad19. Power Salad with Lemon Chia Dressing from Two Peas And Their Pod

20. Quinoa Pad Thai Salad from Simply Quinoa

21. Quinoa Vegetable Soup from Lauren Kelly Nutrition

22. Cold Sesame Ginger Soba Noodle Salad with Shrimp from The Healthy Maven

Cold Sesame Ginger Soba Noodle Salad with Shrimp // thehealthymaven.com 23. Sweet Potato and Black Bean Quinoa Bowls from Spoonful of Flavor

24. Thai Curry Chicken Salad from Eating Bird Food

24. Turkey Kale Soup from Lexi’s Clean Kitchen

turkeykalesoup1Need more ideas? Be sure to check out my Lunch Recipes page for more inspiration!

Link up with your favourite lunch recipe! I’d love to expand the list beyond 25!

Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness
    February 6, 2015 at 7:56 am

I am in a serious eating oatmeal for lunch rut, so I am all about this roundup! Thanks for including my Kale Superfood Salmon Salad! Pinning!
    Taylor @ Food Faith Fitness recently posted…Healthy Peanut Butter Cookie Dough Bites

Alexis @ Hummusapien
    February 6, 2015 at 10:14 am

Why is lunch the best meal ever?! Never mind…every meal is the best meal ever. I’m officially on your tuna train! Thanks for including my chili, dear 🙂
    Alexis @ Hummusapien recently posted…Clean-Eating Chocolate Dessert Recipes

February 6, 2015 at 11:05 am

Sometimes I skip breakfast so I can eat the same meal for lunch. Or first breakfast is really breakfast and second breakfast is really lunch but in the form of breakfast. These ideas look delicious, and definitely different than second breakfast.

Kate B
    February 6, 2015 at 12:18 pm

Tofu croutons?! What a cool idea. I made an avocado tuna salad today, but yours looks much better! I will book mark it for next time 🙂
    Kate B recently posted…Modesty- A heart issue.

Julia
    February 6, 2015 at 12:50 pm

My friends who are 9 to 5ers have identified Lunch as a major source of stress…It seriously is tough planning ahead and packing enough food, and/or food you’ll still want once lunchtime rolls around. This looks like 25 shades of delish! Thanks so much for including my spaghetti squarsh – she’s a real winner. Off to try the rest of the recipes 😉
    Julia recently posted…Superfood Blueberry Buckwheat Porridge (Paleo!)

February 6, 2015 at 3:30 pm

I used to be SO on the ball with packing my lunches too. I’m going to have to get back into the routine soon though because I just got a job in Waterloo!!!
    Chelsea @ Chelsea’s Healthy Kitchen recently posted…The truth about the Alkaline Diet

Dani @ DaniCaliforniaCooks
    February 6, 2015 at 6:50 pm

Lunch is definitely the highlight of my work day! I travel for work, so we usually get an email around 11am from someone who is picking up lunch for the team asking for our order. I usually am that person…so I can choose the location! 🙂
    Dani @ DaniCaliforniaCooks recently posted…Homemade Whole Wheat Poptarts for Valentine’s Day!

She Rocks Fitness
    February 6, 2015 at 9:40 pm

Oh lunch…I’m still not sure what to think of you! This post reminded me that it can be good and not boring and not a throw together sort of meal. I need to start making more chicken/tuna/egg salads…Always so good and fresh and easy! Thanks for sharing all of these…XOXO
    She Rocks Fitness recently posted…Bringing it BACK…What I Ate Wednesday!

Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment
    February 7, 2015 at 2:55 pm

Yes! The corporate world totally revolves around lunch. It’s the funniest thing. But when you are home sometimes time gets away or you just grab whatever. It’s important to find balance and these look like some great options!
    Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment recently posted…Friday Faves {2.6.15}

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves
    February 8, 2015 at 11:17 pm

I want all the guacamole and all the salads now. These all look so colorful and flavorful!
    Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted…Weekly Moves and Grooves XVII

Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor
    February 9, 2015 at 1:57 pm

What a great round-up! I am always looking for new easy and healthy lunch ideas. Thanks for including my link!
    Ashley | Spoonful of Flavor recently posted…Citrus Salad