Healthy Pumpkin Spice Freezer Fudge made with just 5-Ingredients! Free of refined sugar, dairy and gluten, this healthy dessert recipe will make you fall in love with fall…all in one bowl!
Did someone say pumpkin? That’s weird because not a single person has mentioned pumpkin in the last few weeks. I was starting to think it had become obscure. My Pinterest feed was void of it. Not a Starbucks in sight had a sign for a pumpkin spice latte. Pumpkin, what’s that?
I’m obviously kidding.
If your entire life hasn’t been taken up by at least 50% pumpkin/pumpkin spice chatter than you’re either a) living under a rock or b) living in a different hemisphere where you’re just preparing for summer.
For the rest of us though, pumpkin is old news. But it’s old news in an endearing way. That’s the thing about pumpkin, it’s overplayed but it’s good. You really can’t go wrong with a little pumpkin spice. And pumpkin spice freezer fudge? Bring it on!
What is Freezer Fudge?
Freezer fudge is pretty much as it sounds: fudge you eat straight from the freezer. Now unlike traditional fudge which is basically pure butter and sugar, freezer fudge has a much healthier base which in this case is almond butter and pumpkin.
Will freezer fudge last outside the freezer? Unfortunately no. You can let it sit out a bit but it will soften so don’t pack these as a lunch snack or to bring to work with you! On the bright side, it’s a super simple, one-bowl recipe and it pretty much lasts forever.
This pumpkin spice freezer fudge is no exception. Plus it’s a great use for leftover pumpkin puree if you have some!
This entire recipe can be made in one bowl!
1) Start by combining the maple syrup and room temp coconut oil
2) Add your pumpkin puree, spices and maple syrup until it all comes together
3) Cover a 9×9 inch baking pan (8 x 8 works too!) with parchment paper and spread mixture evenly to distribute
4) Freeze for at least one hour before cutting into 16 squares
5) If desired, melt some chocolate and drizzle over top
6) Store in the freezer for as long as they’ll last! <–hint: it won’t be long
What to do with Leftover Pumpkin?
Likely if you’ve made this recipe you’re either using up a can of pumpkin or have some leftover. If you’ve got leftover pumpkin here are some recipes you can use to finish it up!
- Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes
- Pumpkin Cornbread
- Pumpkin Spice Blondies
- The Ultimate Pumpkin Spice Granola
- Healthy Pumpkin Spice Muffins
Pumpkin Spice Freezer Fudge
A healthier alternative to traditional fudge, this pumpkin spice freezer fudge is easy to make with just 5 simple ingredients and lasts forever in the freezer!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 16 pieces 1x
- In a large bowl mix together coconut oil and maple syrup until coconut oil blends into maple syrup.
- Add in pumpkin puree, spice and almond butter
- Lay parchment in a 9 x 9 pan and pour mixture into pan. Spread evenly.
- Freeze for at least one hour and then cut into 16 squares.
- Drizzle with chocolate if desired.
- Store in freezer.*
*note: these must be eaten straight from the freezer. They will begin to melt if left at room temperature.
Like this recipe? Here are a few others you might enjoy:
JOIN THE THM NEWSLETTER
Join 10,000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!