Healthy BOWL Recipes

February 26, 2016

There’s no denying that meals just taste better in a bowl! Keep things nutritious and delicious with these 20 Healthy BOWL Recipes for breakfast, lunch and dinner!

There's no denying that meals just taste better in a bowl! Keep things nutritious and delicious with these 20 Healthy BOWL Recipes!

Stop what you are doing! Put down the plate and reach for the bowl, because honestly, everything just tastes better when it is served in a bowl. Not to mention they are pretty easy on the eyes and the Instagram feed!

Step aside Avocado Toast (but don’t go too far), bowls are officially having their moment. That’s right bowls are the new plates, and they come in just about every shape, size, variety and flavor profile you could ask for.

They say that this bowl craze originated with the rise of the smoothie bowl however, I like to think that 20 year old me had a hand in shaping this trend. Many moons ago, when I worked at summer camp as a section head, I began to eat the majority of my meals out of a bowl, so that I could walk around during the meal to check on all my campers, all while avoiding slopping all over myself. Even camp food tasted good out of a bowl!

From the O.G. smoothie bowl to Buddha bowls to poke bowls, bowls are no longer just for breakfast. Here are 20 bowl recipes to kick off your bowl obsession!

1. The Ultimate Buddha Bowl from The Healthy Maven

2. Blueberry Cacao Smoothie Bowl from Hummusapien

3. Roasted Chickpea Buddha Bowl with Cilantro Avocado Dressing from Simply Organic

4. Broccoli and Turmeric Yellow Rice Bowls from A Couple Cooks

15. Veggie Sushi Bowls from Cookie + Kate

16. Blueberry Green Smoothie Bowl from The Healthy Maven

17. The Ultimate Winter Bliss Bowls from Pinch of Yum

18. Cauliflower & Lentil Butternut Squash Noodle Bowl from Inspiralized

19. Warm Lentil and Mushroom Quinoa Bowls from Simply Quinoa

20. Peppermint Chocolate Avocado Smoothie Bowl from The Healthy Maven

Did you know that Davida & I are obsessed with bowls? We’ve even dreamt about starting our own bowl restaurant, where plates are not permitted! What is your current food obsession?

Join 8000+ members of the THM Community to get access to exclusive recipes, healthy lifestyle tips and behind-the-scenes news from our team!

February 26, 2016 at 8:36 am

Yay for bowwwwls! Thanks for including my recipe – pinned this one!

February 26, 2016 at 10:43 am

YUMMY! What a lineup of great bowl recipes…Love it…And thanks for sharing! XOXO
    ACKTIVE LIFE recently posted…Friday Thoughts

Natalie @muffinsandmiles
    February 26, 2016 at 6:20 pm

This is SO true. Just like everything tastes better with avocado, everything tastes better in a bowl! Thanks for the round-up–I’ve been looking for some new bowl-friendly dishes!
    Natalie @muffinsandmiles recently posted…Healthy Blueberry Protein Muffins

Julie @ Cooks with Cocktails
    February 27, 2016 at 10:40 am

Im with you, everything tastes better in a bowl. Great list of dishes here 🙂
    Julie @ Cooks with Cocktails recently posted…Cotton Candy Cosmopolitan

Patricia @Sweet and Strong
    February 29, 2016 at 6:49 pm

I can’t wait to try some of these! I have recently started throwing random veggies, protein, and grains into a bowl so it’ll be nice to have some inspiration. And yes everything always tastes better in a bowl all mixed together!
    Patricia @Sweet and Strong recently posted…Friday Favorites #2

March 8, 2016 at 12:32 pm

Bowls are my favorite type of kitchen-dish device! These recipes look AWESOME!
    Cassie recently posted…Tuesday Thoughts: What to Do When You Think Someone Doesn’t Like You

Katie @ Katie Wanders
    March 8, 2016 at 3:13 pm

These look awesome! Love me a bowl of goodness. Great Variety!

Katie @ Katie Wanders

March 11, 2016 at 1:52 pm

I love this article!!!
    This style of food prep is exactly what I am looking for because it includes such a variety of foods and it is open to creativity as well as using up what we have at home. To all the food bloggers: please create more foods like this, they are visually beautiful and also very nutritious. They remind me of the Japanese style of Bento boxes only in a bowl. I love the variety of colors and textures…so inviting. Exactly what I want to enjoy at my meals. Please….more of this. I will be purchasing a couple of beautiful bowls this weekend for my dishes next week. Al;so…more info on making and storing the component parts of these dishes that make sense for ingredient management in a kitchen.

March 13, 2016 at 12:11 pm

Thanks for the feedback Marianne! I couldn’t agree more. Definitely taking note of all of these points and will get working on some healthy recipes for you!

Michael Hardwick
    May 11, 2016 at 5:42 am

Hey, great share…..

Blueberry Cacao Smoothie Bowl and Sweet Potato Chickpea Buddha Bowls seems extremely mouth watering. Thanks for sharing these healthy and tasty recipes. I am surely going to try these out.
    Keep sharing more…..
    Michael Hardwick recently posted…Mother’s Day Cupcakes and Celebration cakes

June 13, 2016 at 7:27 am

can’t get the recipes? only the photos open, to a larger photo…

June 13, 2016 at 7:58 am

Click the links above the photos! It will take you to the recipes.

Narinder Kumar
    December 8, 2016 at 4:45 am

yummy its really awesome healthy bowl recipes. these recipes will give me the inspiration I need to last through the summer!
    Narinder Kumar recently posted…Health Benefits of Eating Dry Fruits in Winters

December 13, 2016 at 12:15 pm

Bowls are my favorite in the winter! I’m definitely going to make a few of these soon. Thanks for rounding up this list!