best of

Best of THM 2014

December 17, 2014

Wow. I cannot believe 2014 is coming to a close. This year has sped by and I feel like I’m just trying to gather my bearings from last year! Despite it being an absolute whirlwind, this year has been one of the best of my life.

Best of THM 2014 from The Healthy MavenI quit my job, started a new job, transitioned to blogging full-time, published an ecookbook, travelled to some amazing places, sought more balance and blogged my way through it all. I have no idea how 2015 is going to top the epicness of this year…

Writing this post has opened my eyes not only to how much THM has changed, but how much I have changed.

A year ago I would describe myself as someone who was extremely anxious, lacking in confidence and quite honestly, very lost. I don’t think it’s far off to say that most people in their post-grad years experience this.

365 days later, I am just not that person anymore. My life changed, and I changed because I wanted it to. I turned my world upside down and seriously rolled the dice, but despite the challenges I’ve faced I don’t regret a single second of it. What has become of THM is just a byproduct of my desire to change myself and my world.

You guys have been here for every step of the way. When I write blog posts I’m not thinking about who is reading. I treat it like a diary (albeit read by 80k people…). I talk about my career struggles and body-image issues and occasional mishaps at the grocery store. The fact that other people can relate to my experiences, enjoy a recipe or two or are just reading in general still completely blows my mind.

I am so proud of the personal growth I’ve made for me but the growth of THM is entirely attributed to you. From the bottom of my heart, thank you.

2014 was the best year yet. I’m ready to see what 2015 has in store…

Top 3 posts of The Healthy Maven 20141. Avocado Tuna Salad
2. 25 Gluten-Free Dinners in 30 Minutes or Less!
3. The Best Ever Gluten-Free and Vegan Banana Bread

Best of Breakfasts 2014 from The Healthy Maven
1. Mocha Overnight Oats
2. Paleo Mocha Almond Pancakes
3. Apple Cinnamon Protein Breakfast Cookies
4. Slow Cooker Apple Pie Steel-Cut Oatmeal
5. Blueberry Superfood Smoothie

Best of Mains and Sides 2014 from The Healthy Maven1. Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Drumsticks
2. Spinach & Ricotta Stuffed Zucchini Ravioli
3. Roasted Rosemary Brussels Sprouts with Blueberries
4. 3 Ingredient Salmon
5. Lemon Ginger Asparagus with Toasted Almonds

Best of Desserts 2014 from The Healthy Maven1. Coconut Lemon Poppyseed Loaf
2. Peppermint Black Bean Brownies
3. Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Blondies
4. The Best Grain-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
5. Black Bean Lava Cakes

Best of snacks 2014 from The Healthy Maven1. Lemon Raspberry Chia Pudding
2. No-Bake Cinnamon Roll Protein Bars
3. Chocolate Matcha Energy Balls
4. Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins with Pecan Streusel
5. Crispy Sriracha Lime Chickpeas

This year was filled with more than just food! I was fortunate to travel around to many cities across North America. It’s been incredible to discover the kind of beauty available in your own backyard.

MAVEN-ADVENTURES
1. New York City, NY
2. Minneapolis, MN – June, September, October
3. Park City, UT
4. Jackson, WY
5. Yellowstone National Park, WY
6. Boston + Martha’s Vineyard, MA
7. San Francisco, CA

As I mentioned, this year has been one of major self-discovery for me. I’ve opened up some of these thoughts and experiences with you in the hopes that you might be able to relate. Admittedly, some were difficult to write and are still hard to read. Others make me laugh! THM would not be what is is without these posts. So thank you for all of you for being unconditionally supportive even while I am baring my soul.

Let's-get-personal1. I Know The Secret To Skinny on realizing that skinny isn’t all it’s cracked up to be.
2. One Year Later – What Blogging Has Taught MeCelebrating my 1 year blogiversary by sharing some things I’ve learned along the way.
3. Yes, I Am A Full-Time BloggerSomeone pinch me. HOW is this my job?
4. 10 Ways I am Not Your Stereotypical HLBa light-hearted post poking fun at my fellow bloggers. I still love you guys!
5. Breaking It Down- The Healthy Maven Analytics – C guest posted all about the growth of THM and how to uncover more from your analytics.

GIVEAWAYA huge highlight of this year was putting together and publishing my very first ecookbook. It was a goal of mine for 2014 and I’m proud to say I accomplished it! To say thank you to all of you for supporting my dream and helping it to become a reality, I am giving away THREE copies of my ecookbook for you lucky readers.

All you have to do is comment below with your favourite THM recipe or post of 2014 OR what types of posts or recipes you would like to see in 2015!

*I will announce the winner on Sunday December 21st.

In addition, I am having a HUGE SALE on The Healthy Breakfast eCookbook. Never before has it been priced this low and it will only remain at $5.99 for one more week. That’s a 60% savings, so snatch it up now!

buy-it-here

It’s been an absolutely incredible year! Cheers to an equally exciting, happy and healthful year for 2015!

December 17, 2014 at 5:22 am

You, my BB, have had an amazing year and it has been well deserved. Is it creepy that I can pin point each of those posts? Your ebook was truly something to be proud of and I cannot wait for what you have to offer us in 2015. Carry on legend.

I have a survey style post tomorrow and featuring ur secret to skinny post because it was memorable AND you practiced what you preach 😉
    Arman @ thebigmansworld recently posted…Paleo Cranberry Walnut Cookies

Christine @ Gotta Eat Green
    December 17, 2014 at 6:27 am

Congrats on a great year, girl! One of my fav posts will always be your secret to skinny post. So raw and well written! I also love that tuna avo recipe.. so delicious!
    Christine @ Gotta Eat Green recently posted…My Go-To Holiday Look

Dixya @ Food, Pleasure, and Health
    December 17, 2014 at 7:07 am

this has really been an amazing year for you!! I am so happy to see this post 🙂 also im jealous of your travels..i hope 2015 is even bigger and better friend.
    Dixya @ Food, Pleasure, and Health recently posted…How To Enjoy Holiday Guilt-Free?

Christine
    December 17, 2014 at 7:10 am

Your recipes are fantastic — I love the tuna avocado salad! I’d love to see more limited-ingredient recipes (e,g 3-6), or I’d love to see alternatives for people who don’t have the same equipment e.g. a food processor (*cough*cough*)

Heather @Fit n Cookies
    December 17, 2014 at 7:29 am

Your year has been incredible! I love reading that you have changed as a person and aren’t an anxious one anymore. That’s huge. I love your smoothie recipes!
    Heather @Fit n Cookies recently posted…A Day In the Life: A Sunday

kaitlin @4loveofcarrots
    December 17, 2014 at 7:57 am

You have certainly had a great year! I cannot wait to see what 2015 brings you!
    kaitlin @4loveofcarrots recently posted…Marvelous Monday

Kelly @ Kelly Runs For Food
    December 17, 2014 at 8:26 am

It’s been such a great year for you! All your past recipes are making me hungry! I already won a copy of your ebook, which is amazing, btw.
    Can’t wait to see what 2015 has in store for you!
    Kelly @ Kelly Runs For Food recently posted…Annual Admission Chili Cook-off

Les | Balanced Berry
    December 17, 2014 at 9:08 am

I love this Davida! One of the best things about following blogs is seeing first-hand how bloggers evolve and grow over time. It has been really fun seeing your journey and I’m sure 2015 will be an amazing year.
    Les | Balanced Berry recently posted…Crockpot White Chicken Chili

December 17, 2014 at 9:41 am

You’re my favorite. Seriously, it’s been so amazing to watch you grow this year. Like when we were skyping last week and you were talking about being present I just thought “Davida has her ish SO TOGETHER.” I am so proud of you for putting your heart into everything you do and giving it 110%. XOXO
    Cassie recently posted…Four Questions

Andrea
    December 17, 2014 at 9:52 am

I’d love to see more 30-min or less meals!

Marisa @ Uproot from Oregon
    December 17, 2014 at 10:57 am

I have loved following along while you grow!! That ecookbook is gorgeous!! I would love to see more of your veggie side dish posts in the new year – your creative asparagus, brussel sprouts, etc inspire me to keep the veggies on my plate 🙂
    Marisa @ Uproot from Oregon recently posted…Apple Pie Granola

Jenna B
    December 17, 2014 at 11:14 am

I loved your secret to skinny post. Your food photography for all of your recipes this year is beautiful as well!

Allison
    December 17, 2014 at 12:06 pm

Such a full and exciting year. As someone who completely looks up to your blog & uses it as inspiration to my own it has been fun to watch you grow & even more fun to see it all in one place! Cannot wait to see where 2015 takes you &THM!
    Allison recently posted…Cranberry Orange Granola

Diana @sosmallsostrong
    December 17, 2014 at 12:30 pm

Yay for the roundup!! AWESOME!!

My favorite has been, yes I’m a full time blogger. I just think your an inspiration for the blogging community. You stay positive and true to yourself. Thank you for all that!!
    Diana @sosmallsostrong recently posted…Jalapeño Egg Scramble for Two

Lucie@FitSwissChick
    December 17, 2014 at 1:34 pm

I love your weekend ramblings. The pics are amazing (they always are) and I am just a huge fan of your humour.
    Plus – Mocha Overnight Oats – yes. Gimme, each day for breakfast.
    Oh, and you know that already, cause I said it about 4578395739 times and probably annoy you by now – but the playlists – oh, the playlists. You introduced me to Gramatik and in all seriousness – I listen to it since over half a year now daily and I still can’t get enough.
    Lucie@FitSwissChick recently posted…Stop judging my body – a rant

Nora (A Clean Bake)
    December 17, 2014 at 1:52 pm

Congrats on an amazing year, Davida! I can’t wait to see what you have for us in 2015!

December 17, 2014 at 2:22 pm

Congrats on all you’ve accomplished this year love!! You are so, so inspiring.
    Sam @ Better With Sprinkles recently posted…WIAW: Tower of Pizza.

Ang @ Nutty for Life
    December 17, 2014 at 3:10 pm

Honestly you’re such a role model! I hope that in two years I can be as eloquent, talented and spirited as you are. 2015 will be great!! Here’s to a new year and an even MORE awesome (if that’s possible) THM and Davida. xo
    Still waiting on those healthier toaster strudels tho. 😉
    Ang @ Nutty for Life recently posted…Nutty For: Top Five Holiday Gifts for Fitness Lovers

December 17, 2014 at 3:29 pm

What a fun wrap-up! You have had a pretty big year – so many great things.
    I can’t wait to see what all you have coming up during 2015!!!
    Kim recently posted…My Year of Running 2014

Mackenzie
    December 17, 2014 at 4:01 pm

I love love love your life posts. Keep them coming! Your boyfriend’s gorgeous by the way 😉 (and so are you)
    Fave recipe: https://www.thehealthymaven.com/2014/09/pumpkin-spice-chocolate-chip-blondies.html

Lauren
    December 17, 2014 at 4:30 pm

What an amazing year lady! Isn’t it incredible how much you can grow in a space of a year! Here is to 2015 and only upwards for THM!
    Lauren recently posted…Sweet Hemp Loaf

Ann
    December 17, 2014 at 5:14 pm

I think I have discovered your blog in the beginning of this year, when I have started to read more HLBs. You are one of my very favourite bloggers now!! I love your writing style, your personality and humour, and your recipes too. The tuna avocado salad was sooo good when I tried it! The lemon raspberry chia pudding sounds really good too, I haven’t seen and made it before but now it’s on my to-do list. I wish you all the best for 2015. Oh, and when you do come to Germany next year, I’d LOVE to meet you and have a mulled wine with you at a Christmas market 😉

Miss Polkadot
    December 17, 2014 at 6:08 pm

Are you sure all of this really happened in just ONE year???! You’re a serious blogging/cooking rockstar, lady! One day I’ll take the leap of faith you did and turn the blog into a business of sorts. Not recipes because I can’t measure up there – to each their own talents.
    I’ve been a huge fan of your insight-into-blogging post – and can’t wait for the next blog school mail! – so more of these as you keep growing more and more into it would be great. And I’ll still answer the favourite recipe question because I just picked up another cauliflower so your gratin is on the menu again soon. Mmmh.
    Miss Polkadot recently posted…The one question to ask when reading “healthy” advice

Dale
    December 17, 2014 at 9:18 pm

Congrats on an amazing year Ms. Healthy Maven! Can’t wait for 2015!

Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves
    December 18, 2014 at 12:59 am

Ahh DAVS. I am so incredibly happy that this year has been one of growth and joy for you!! You are seriously my hero. Stepping way out of your comfort zone and making things happen— what a rockstar. I cannot wait to make more recipes from your ebook! Those green pancakes still call to me in my dreams 😉

I really just love ALL your posts and recipes. Keep doing what you do, girl!
    Alison @ Daily Moves and Grooves recently posted…Hashtagging the Weekend

December 18, 2014 at 8:54 am

Congrats on a killer year girl! Comparing the time when I first met you at Grasslands or even at Sadie’s Diner to now, I can see how much you’ve changed and grown. I’m proud of you for making things happen for yourself! 🙂

My favourite recipe of yours this year was those pumpkin chocolate chip bars. So good!
    Chelsea @ Chelsea’s Healthy Kitchen recently posted…Orange cranberry energy balls

Ashlyn
    December 18, 2014 at 2:09 pm

I’m so glad to have found your blog Davida!

My favorite recipe I’ve made of yours so far is the Apple Pie Steel Cut Oatmeal! Yum! And of course I’ll be making tons more in the year to come. 🙂

Congrats on a fantastic 2014! 🙂

Ashlyn (ashlyn_tiu on instagram ;))

Alison H.
    December 18, 2014 at 2:24 pm

What an incredible year you have had! Congratulations! My favorite recipe of yours is your Crispy Lime Sriracha Chickpeas. Delicous & I love roasted chickpeas for a healthy snack!

Kim @ Racing Bananas
    December 18, 2014 at 3:53 pm

What a great year – I love seeing the new recipes that dream up!
    Kim @ Racing Bananas recently posted…Winter Wonderland

Taylor
    December 18, 2014 at 3:59 pm

I absolutely love your life posts! I’ll be moving to toronto after university graduation so I feel that I can relate to your “diary” so well. Amazing year you’ve had!

Yoojin
    December 19, 2014 at 3:32 pm

you have the most amazing recipes, and the year recap shows it! i love your recipe posts the most, especially when they tell us your story with it 🙂

thank you!!

Katie G
    December 19, 2014 at 9:43 pm

I have bookmarked and pinned so many of your recipes this year and they’ve all been amazing. I think my favourite was your coconut lace cookies. I made them for work colleagues and they were a huge hit!

I’d love to see one-pot meals because I’m often crunched for time when I come home from work and would love to have something quick and easy to throw together.

Kelsey @ Ramblings of Change
    December 29, 2014 at 12:33 pm

It must have been a year ago that I started to read THM… and wow. I can’t believe how different everything was back then for you. I’m so happy that you have come to a less anxious and more confident place in life, and that making this change to being a full-time blogger is truly paying off for you. Your travels were quite amazing this year, and I hope that my life starts to see more travels soon — especially to Minneapolis the next time you are in MN! =)
    Kelsey @ Ramblings of Change recently posted…Sunday Coffee Talks 12.28.14

candace coup
    December 30, 2014 at 12:01 am

Congrats on an amazing year! Love all the recipes that I’ve tried, can’t wait to see what you cook up next year!

Deryn @ Running on Real Food
    December 31, 2014 at 1:36 am

What a year you’ve had!! So much hard work! You are seriously the productivity master. I’ve loved reading all your posts this year. All the best in 2015, lady!
    Deryn @ Running on Real Food recently posted…14 Productivity & Happiness Blogs to Read This Year